We are enabling the new Blackboard Collaborate™ Launcher on July 10, 2014. It simplifies the process for joining Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing sessions and recordings.
Birkbeck Moodle is integrated with a web conferencing tool called Blackboard Collaborate (formerly known as Elluminate).
Collaborate allows synchronous online communication and activities. Although it is often found particularly useful for distance learning, web conferencing can also enhance the learning experience for students who only meet infrequently, or who cannot attend a classroom event in person. Collaborate sessions can also be recorded and made available in Moodle for later revision.
Creating a Blackboard Collaborate Session
1. In your Moodle course, click "Turn editing on."
2. Under the Add an activity drop-down menu, select Blackboard Collaborate session.
3. Give the session a Title and select in the "Session Type" the option Course, which allows everyone enrolled in the course to attend.
4. On the group mode select visible groups for everyone to be able to participate.
5. You can restric the access by changing the session dates. ."
6. Click on Save and return to course and click on the session to edit the moderators or to add a presentation.
7. To edit the moderators click on the link and you will be able to add moderators on the session, also you can preload a presentation and get the link to share it with the session participants.
- Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing Overview for Moderators (recording)
- Web Conferencing Essentials for Moderators [HTML]
- Getting Started for Moderators Quick Reference Guide [PDF]
- Mobile Web Conferencing: Session Management Tips for Moderators [PDF]
- Mobile (Android) Web Conferencing Session Management Tips for Moderators [PDF]
- Introduction to the Participants Panel [PDF]
- Using the Audio & Video Panel [PDF]
- Using Chat [PDF]
- Audio Setup Wizard [PDF]
- Loading a PowerPoint File [PDF]
- Using the Whiteboard [PDF]
- Using the Polling Feature Wizard [PDF]
- Using Application Sharing [PDF]
- Using Web Tour [PDF]
- Getting Started with Recordings [PDF]
- Blackboard Collaborate Online Orientation [recording]
- Web Conferencing Essentials for Participants [HTML]
- Getting Started for Participants Quick Reference Guide [PDF]
- Mobile Web Conferencing [recording]
- Getting Started with Mobile Web Conferencing for Participants Quick Reference Guide [PDF]
- Download the Blackboard Collaborate mobile app (currently only available for iPhone/iPad)
- Collaborate Resources